All precious things, discover’d late,
To those that seek them issue forth;
For love in sequel works with fate,
And draws the veil from hidden worth.
...Tennyson...

July 10, 2007

Marzipan Babies

When that expectant Mom (also my bestest friend!!!) paid me a visit yesterday, for a moment I was fascinated with God's ways. It seemed only yesterday that I played shuttle badminton with her.Now she was going to become a Mom!
Ever since I started studying Child Development, I've regarded motherhood as the purest and the most wonderful experience on earth.There can never be another experience which can be as beautiful as this...Motherhood makes up for all the hardships faced by a woman in her entire lifetime.
I have found it is also equally difficult to imagine that some people (the stately,dignified ones) whom we come across in our lives have once been cherubic, innocent and helpless babies!!! I try hard to stretch the limits of my imagination in such cases! I try removing their paunches and whiskers and glasses. But it seems quite impossible. More impossible than imagining away the physical features are the behavioural qualities. We have all once been without absolutely any negative shades in our characters. I can imagine only a very few people as having been babies in their lives. I know this may sound very very cranky of me, but it is true.

When I was still in the throes of fascination, my friend wanted me to hunt for some babies' names on the net for her. I also ran a Google search for pictures of babies and was over the moon on finding the Marzipan babies.Though they are not actually made of almond paste, I wonder why they are popularly named so! These beautiful, cuddly,realistic, sculptures is the creation of Camille Allen.

2 Wisecracks:

Nithya said...

i had received these pictures in the form of a mail...The babies looked so realistic and cute :)

i haven't stretched my imagination to the fullest extent as yet ;) will try doing so :D seems to be a good idea ;)

Aprilslady said...

lol :D