All precious things, discover’d late,
To those that seek them issue forth;
For love in sequel works with fate,
And draws the veil from hidden worth.
...Tennyson...

April 12, 2007

Daddy-Long-Legs

"One can't help thinking,Daddy,what a colourless life a man is forced to lead, when one reflects that chiffon and Venetian point and hand embroidery and Irish crochet are to him mere empty words. Whereas a woman ,whether she is interested in babies or microbes or husbands or poetry or servants or parallelograms or gardens or Plato or bridge- is fundamentally and always interested in clothes"
-Jean Webster, 'Daddy-Long-Legs'

Were there any other set of truer words found anywhere else on the face of earth?

6 Wisecracks:

Nithya said...

After having read this quote and the review of "Daddy Long Legs" in Sandhya's blog page, I Did not even waste time trying to leave a comment behind in your respective blog pages..I dashed to my library and kept nudging my librarian to search for this book, but i came back home with a frown on my face :(
Desperately wanna read this book...i googled it as well, which resulted in a lot of great reviews :)

Aprilslady said...

Daddly Long Legs is a book worth owning.It is available in all Lanmark outlets:)

Prahalathan said...

Surely there cant be another set of truer words found anywhere else on the face of earth!

But here's one that came close
'The egg came before the Hen'

Aprilslady said...

Ah!doctor...Is everything ok ;o)???
AND...If I'm not mistaken, these words are your current signature in Yahoo!WoW!

Prahalathan said...

You missed what I wanted to say. You've understood exactly the opposite of how I wanted you to.

It was not my signature, It was a link to your post which I shared with the group. I wasn't clear I guess... check that email again!

Aprilslady said...

Yes,Neela Shayeb...You are ABSOLUTELY unclear!