I'm bibiliotagged by Nithya.So here goes...
Books that Changed my Life
Of course the Anne-books by L.M.Montgomery beginning from Anne of Green Gables till the final sequel Rilla of Ingleside!!! (I’m afraid this post is going to contain a gargantuan dose of my beloved L.M.M)
Louisa May Alcott's Little Women
A book that I’ve read more than once
Anne of Green Gables and its sequels
Most Harry Potters
Emily of New Moon and its sequels (I LOVE Dean Priest!!!)
The Blue Castle
(Any L.M.M book for that matter is wonderful to read again and again!!! Each time I view her books with a new perspective and deeper meaning)
A book I’d take onto a desert island
(I guess I’m going to need a CARGO to be lugged to the aforesaid deserted island!!!)
My Journal (I LOVE reading whatever I’ve written over the years until now)
All books by L.M.M (I would handpick Across the Miles and Kilmeny of the Orchard if given a restricted choice!)
Works of Louisa May Alcott, particularly Rose in Bloom (who wouldn't adore Mac!)
Daddy Long Legs by Jean Webster
Amar Chitra Katha comics
Works of Ruskin Bond
My Eighth Class English textbook called ‘Explorations’. I still have it. It is one of the best EVER prescribed English readers for children. As far as English textbooks are concerned, CBSE syllabus SIMPLY ROCKS!!!
A Little Princess and Secret Garden by Frances Hodgeson Burnett
Rebecca of Sunnybrooke Farm by Kate Douglas Wiggin
Heidi by Johanna Spyri
Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens and
An Atlas!!! (I LOVE poring over atlases and dream that I’m actually in that particular land of my fantasy)
Books that made me laugh
The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot (The most hilarious set of books I’ve EVER read!)
How Opal Mehta Got Kissed, Got Wild and Got a Life by Kavya Vishwanathan (The controversy surrounding this book made me read it. Not a bad book I should say in spite of the plagiarism allegation)
My Uncle Oswald by Roald Dahl (Let me warn you if you happen to get hold of this book: This is one of the grossest books EVER written by Mr.Dahl. Each page is grosser than the previous!!!)
Grandmother’s Tales by R.K.Narayan (Boy! RKN is SIMPLY a genius)
Enid Blyton’s Five Find Outers, Malory Towers and St.Claire’s series. I still chuckle over Fatty’s patronizing, yet friendly ways and ‘Mamzelle on a warpath’ episode!
Books that made me cry
Rilla of Ingleside by L.M.M (This book made me actually experience the victory of love over the devastating effects off the First World War)
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini (In a book world dominated by novels written by English and American witers, this book made me wake up to the fact that there are other natiuonalities across the world- especially the lesser known in the book world like Afghanistan)
Little Men by L.M.Alcott (Even thinking of Dan’s longing for his Aslauga brings tears to my eyes)
She called me Dad by Joseph Tossini
The Gift of the Magi by O.Henry
A little Match Girl (Yes! I STILL adore fairy tales. I think the innocence of romance in such tales is MUCH MUCH better than the vulgar ‘romance’ I come across in many recently written books)
A book I wish had been written by me
All of Dan Brown’s works!
Agatha Christie’s works- particularly Miss Marple series. Her sheer genius of ‘whodunnit’ plots simply knocks my breath out!!!
O.Henry’s short stories
A Flight of the Pigeons by Ruskin Bond
Nancy Drew, Hardy Boys and The Three Investigators. (I’m YET to outgrow these stuff! I hope I NEVER do!!!)
Ek Phool ki Chaah (it’s actually a poem in Hindi) by Mythili Sharan Gupt
Akeli (It’s a short story in Hindi. I forgot the name of the author)
Poetries (dohey or couplets) on Lord Krishna by Surdas ,Raskhan and Meerabai
Books I wish had never been written
I LOATHE Danielle Steel’s works. She is SUPER GROSS!
The English Teacher by R.K.Narayan (This book is actually awesome. But it has SO much pain mixed with the deep story line (which is semi-autobiographical in nature) that I couldn’t read more than half of the book. I lost sleep over this book for a week!)
Certain books by Robin Cook. Though I’ve really admired the brilliance behind his books, the medical crimes are so artfully written that it ends up giving a fresh supply of ideas to miscreants and psychos.
Books I'm currently reading
My Uncle Oswald by Roald Dahl (I didn’t want my first experience with Roald Dahl to be like THIS!)
Srimad Bhaagavatam by the great Vedavyasa)
Books I’ve been meaning to read
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (I know I’m being a trifle over enthusiastic here!!!)
The Princess Diaries Part 8 (ditto!)
A Love Story by Erich Segal
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
Calvin and Hobbes by Bill Watterson – the complete comic strip book
The Bhagavad Gita (Though I’ve read the verses in bits and pieces, I mean to read the entire book someday after mastering Sanskrit)
Works of Kaalidaasa.
Kalki’s works (like Shivakaamiyin Shapatham , Ponniyin Selvan, etc...)
Mein Kempf by Adolf Hitler
Egyptian History
Inheritance of Loss
The Namesake
A number of Tamil and Hindi books whose names I don't remember now.
Books that have fascinated me endlessly (my additional tags!)
Life of Pi by Yann Martel
Goosebumps (Yes. You read it right!)
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (the fascination lies in Austen’s cleverness in writing a plotless story and managing to hold the reader’s attention and interest. Suraj Barjatya should seriously consider filming this. Chaddha was horrible in her Balle balle –Amritsar to L.A.)
Tiruppavai by Aandal (All the 30 hymns in Tamil are perfectly adorable)
John Grisham’s books
Jeffrey Archer’s books
J.K.Rowling’s biography by Sean Smith
Books I’d love to own
Across the Miles by L.M.M
Rose in Bloom by Louisa May Alcott
Books I’ve tried to read in vain
The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R.Tolkien (I’m done with this book. I couldn’t read a page beyond Gandalf’s return! I’m not planning to try once more either.)
Space Within the Heart by Aubrey Menon (the MOST boring book EVER!)
Hitchhiker's guide to galaxy (seriously...I fail to understand why people love this book so much!)
To Kill a Mocking bird (ditto!)
I guess this is all. Now I'm tagging EACH AND EVRYONE who continuosly honour me by regularly visiting my blog with or without posting comments.
All precious things, discover’d late,
To those that seek them issue forth;
For love in sequel works with fate,
And draws the veil from hidden worth.
...Tennyson...
To those that seek them issue forth;
For love in sequel works with fate,
And draws the veil from hidden worth.
...Tennyson...
July 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 Wisecracks:
Thanks for taking up the tag Akka :)
"Calvin and Hobbes by Bill Watterson – the complete comic strip book"
Do you want a C and H comic strip everyday Akka ? If the answer is yes, I could mail them out to you :)
"Hitchhiker's guide to galaxy (seriously...I fail to understand why people love this book so much!)"
Isn't this series good ?? A lot of people were endlessly raving about it :(
Thanks for offering:)
I do get comic strips of C&H online...but holding the book and reading it is cosier and more fun!
Yup...sadly I felt it an exercise to read the Hitchhiker book:(
thatz looooaaaddsss.. kool it otherwise brain will suffer from overheating..:~D)
good to notice you too share very diverse reading interest.
my honest attempt
Post a Comment