All precious things, discover’d late,
To those that seek them issue forth;
For love in sequel works with fate,
And draws the veil from hidden worth.
...Tennyson...

January 5, 2007

I'm TAGGED!!!

Soon after Sandhya tagged me, I’ve been thinking all day about the five things about me which I’d post here. After endless thinking, I drew a complete blank. So, I thought I’ll give it a spontaneous shot…(Lots of things about me and Sandhya will be alike as it often happens with ‘Kindred Spirits’.


1. I’m an incurable romantic. Hence I’m very fond of Victorian stuff-right from their ‘chivalrous men’ to the trailing evening gowns of those conservative women. It is really sad that the present day men don’t go down on their knees to propose to their sweethearts or write love letters. Everything has become SO prosaic- computer (with due credits to its advantages) has a great hand at making life more mechanical than ever! I still revel in the lines of Keats and Tennyson. I have this habit of seeing beauty in EVERY SINGLE THING I come across. If Sandhya calls herself old fashioned, what do I call myself? I’m older fashioned than her. I still prefer writing in my journal than typing. I’m disappointed that people don’t write to each other these days. I love ONLY melodious music. I CAN’T tolerate jarring stuff. I love the ancient paintings of Raja Ravi Varma than the modern ones.


2. I’d rather curl up with a classic novel rather than one with blood and gore. I HATE violence in any form. I hate cheap thrills and run-of-the-mill love stories. Believe me…I have not read even a single Mills and Boon novel till this day. I don’t even want to read one. I have this habit of reading my favourite novels over and over again and drink in their beauty each time.


3. My ideal man will have little bit of Gilbert Blythe, Mac, Dean Priest, Teddy Kent, Dan Kean, Laurie Lawrence, Walter Blythe and Barney Snaith. All these guys exist only in story books. It is a wonder that I don’t have a real life crush i.e. I haven’t liked anyone long enough to be called my crush! Sandhya thinks that I’m not ‘quite human’ due to this fact!


4. It takes a hell lot of time for me to make friends. I have very few friends. I’m an extremely sloppy conversationalist over phone. I’m not over fond of phones and hate the predicament of being traceable all the time. Anytime, I prefer people to phones. I’m more comfortable with silence than with noise. A constant jabber from me means that I’m awfully ill at ease. I’m an extroverted introvert. I HATE crowded places. It’s easier for me to make friends with nature than with real people. I LOVE studying people’s psychology. There’s more to my smile than that meets your eye!


5. I would rather go for a long ramble in a beach or woods or in my terrace than go to a disco or a movie or a restaurant or parties. I hate pretences in all its monstrous forms. My ideal holiday spot would definitely be Egypt. I’ve always loved the mystery associated with that land. I also have a consuming desire to visit Easter Island. I’m fascinated about archeology and love to read about stuff like Dr.Rao’s under-sea excavations of Dwaraka.


There…I guess I have put down my most important ‘Fives’ This is not all. I’m tagging Shyam, Jongleur, Navin, Shilpa,
Ramki, Gopal and Mukunda. Join the fun, guys and DON'T kill the tag...

5 Wisecracks:

Anonymous said...

A constant jabber from me means that I’m awfully ill at ease.

That's interesting....i do have a few doubts though :)

Venkata Gopala Rao said...

nice way of expression through five points... may be i can call you fivepointsomeone ;-)

and... thank you for tagging!!!

Sandhya Ramachandran said...

:*

So sweet of u to have written this so soon! :)

And well... for once I pride myself in declaring that I know-it-all!!! :D

he he... still was fun reading!!!

And YES... it IS inhuman not to have a crush! There are HA's and NB's around! ;)

L. Ramakrishnan said...

ok, so I have to pick x people and announce that i've tagged them in a blogpost? is that the way to do it? is there an upper and a lower limit for x?

Aprilslady said...

you can tag them in any of their respective urls.
no upper and lower limits...