All precious things, discover’d late,
To those that seek them issue forth;
For love in sequel works with fate,
And draws the veil from hidden worth.
...Tennyson...

August 22, 2007

Tag Fever

Here I am with yet another tag of 'Things I like best'.This time it is Sunshine girl's doing :)

Monsoon...children...Nutties and Five Star(I dislike Dairy Milk:I)...writing in my journal when life becomes too happy or too sad...LMM's books...reading certain books over and over again...bookmarks (matching the mood of the book I read)I always have a good mind to murder people who dog-ear the pages of books-even math books...My mom's cooking(vadai,erisheri,molagootal,olan,pulisheri are my especial favourites)...that short bout of slumber after the alarm clock goes...looking at the night-sky and thinking distant thoughts...songs set in dwijavanti,jog,kalyani,meghamalhaar,madhuvanti and keeravani...rasgullas...watching Wonder years with my paati...laughing till it hurts at ramya's witty chatter...that bowl of sugar-coated saunf (soambu) I greedily munch after the table is cleared in a restaurant...a visit to the beach...a meditation with the waves...looking at the tiny ships sailing on the horizon...the calming after-effect...dusk...fine clothes (when all's said and done...I'm a lady;)...walking down that flower-carpeted road leading to my college gates...those into-the-night gup-shups with my bajji girl...melodious film-music with beautiful lyrics...a visit to my mom's office palm-leaf manuscript library...all types of homey-smells, sights and sounds...the fresh early morning smell of an uncapped tooth-paste tube...the bhajans from my mom's radio...the fragrance of incense and jasmine flowers in the mornings...jingles of mega-serials in the afternoons...laughter of the school children returning home in the late-afternoon...their funny chorus in the evenings...birds returning to their nests in the twilight...Moonlight...the peaceful breathing sound of my loved ones when I wake-up in the middle of the night...walking the sprawling, warm, stone floors of the ancient temples...looking at the main deity in awe by the light of oil lamps...observing the patterns made by the clouds...red roses...overcast skies which make me sing 'aazhi mazhai kanna' in Varaali with goosebumps erupting all over me...dolls with 'combable' long hair...my ceylon baby my granny bought me when I was an year old from Sri Lanka...buying her tiny frocks...fairy tales (Little Match Girl is the best!)...the lullabies my mom (still) sings to put this insomniac to sleep (Omanathingal kidavo is very close to my heart)...cotton candy, son paapdi,kamarkat,browned appalam, an ear of corn smeared with lime juice and chilli powder (strictly from roadside vendors..heaven!)...listening to old family anecdotes...Lord Krishna and everything associated with Him...Bombay Jayasree's voice...Maargazhi and MLV's Tiruppaavai...drooling at Kyle Chandler in Early Edition...ditto for all the movies by Kamal Haasan and Pierce Brosnan...Rajdeep Sardesai's news reading...animated series like Princess Sara, Heidi and Anastasia...solitary walks...listening to old Hindi songs during power-cuts...Pani Puri with lots of green pani...watching Shah Rukh's movies all over again...dressing up little girls...English periods in school and college Raskhan's, Soordas' and Meerabai's Poems...and all you folks reading this patiently:)

I tag...
~a complete stranger~
~someone who hates me~
~someone who loves me~
~someone who has never taken up my tag~

3 Wisecracks:

Nithya said...

You definitely did make my day :)
Loved the way, u've penned down ur fav things :) Every single thing mentioned out here (except for that dairy milk) deserve a mention in my "Things I like Best" as well :)

Thanks for taking up the tag AND for having presented it in a very "i-can't-find-any-other-word-please-find-a-replacement-for-the-word-beautiful'
manner :)

Nithya said...

deserves*

"i-can't-find-any-other-word-please-find-a-replacement
-for-the-word-beautiful'

Aprilslady said...

Thank you Nithya:)
I really enjoyed doing this tag.It was wonderful to realize the number of things which give me joy when i actually put it down in words.This list isnt complete yet;)
*takes a deep bow*