A sweet refrain
And a string of pearls
Under the distant moon
And shimmering sands
To the old world
I belong
A hope, a joy
And a road to walk
With a fancy charm
And misty eyes
To the old world
I belong
A tiny bubble
Of dreams of yore
In moments of past
And never of future
To the old world
I belong
Laughter's echo
In days bygone
Of knights, of swords
Of wilful fools
To the old world
I belong
Wrapped in the quilt
Of a depressing dawn
With a stifled song
Dead on my lips
To the old world
I belong
With empty hands
And a heavy heart
cloistered in joy
In a tricky guise
To the old world
I belong
The days roll by
With changes galore
I remain, I smile
To the old world
I belong
All precious things, discover’d late,
To those that seek them issue forth;
For love in sequel works with fate,
And draws the veil from hidden worth.
...Tennyson...
To those that seek them issue forth;
For love in sequel works with fate,
And draws the veil from hidden worth.
...Tennyson...
June 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 Wisecracks:
~speechless~ :)
The best poem u've ever written Akka :)
thank you, Nithya:)
:)
lovely!!!
Post a Comment