All precious things, discover’d late,
To those that seek them issue forth;
For love in sequel works with fate,
And draws the veil from hidden worth.
...Tennyson...

April 2, 2007

Mmmm...freedom!

I reach for the time-worn door and with a click, open the lock.I push the door, which opens with a lazy creaking sound.A gentle blast of breeze plays on my face bringing with it the homey aromas. I'm glad all over again about being able to enjoy dusk.A dozen or so doves fly across the sky.

I feel liberated yet again, as I deeply inhale lung-fulls of the mystique dusk air.The stars begin to appear one by one with all their mirthful twinkle.The moon lies across the golden-purple sky like a carelessly strewn nail clipping. I feel ecstatic as this is the most bewitching hour of my day when I forget the cares, trials and tribulations so characteristic of an ordinary routine life of a very ordinary girl.I enjoy my own company.I close my eyes simply to connect with the atmosphere around me.

This hour is sheer magic in the sense that it offers an uninterrupted nature treat to me.I take-in each and every element of the landscape spread around me.Everything is resplendent in the fading daylight.This hour helps me to break free from the confines of everything I belong to.This is the time I'm truly myself. My thoughts run wild at this hour, making me their slave .Ah! this is sweet-slavery.


This consciousness lends something to the maturation of my soul each passing day. I never miss this dusk-ramble for the world.I learn something new from dusk each day.Venus shines down on me in her most elusive way.Her message is carried to me through the soft breeze.I listen to the tales of 'long long ago'.The dusk deepens to an inky black night.


11 Wisecracks:

Anonymous said...

Although the post narrated the settings quite vividly, something really odd struck me. Dusk does'nt remind one of freedom or liberty or breaking free!! Dusk signifies arrival of the dark; confinement; belonging. Come dusk and the soul would yearn to hook itself to something that it finds peace with; like lovers clasping each other or a child clinging to the mother.. using every appendage without a space between.

The picture of the strewn nail clipping looks really good.

Anonymous said...

"The moon lies across the golden-purple sky like a carelessly strewn nail clipping."

Wonderful! A refreshingly new comparison! The comparison of moon to a lady's face is all I have read/heard. But I never felt the way you did about dusk. :-)


P.S. It would be nice if you could increase the font size in your blog. I am afraid that it causes readability problems, atleast for me.

Aprilslady said...

@Mani
Thank you:)
I've always felt about dusk like that.That golden hour of ramble signifies freedom to me.

@Intuitive....
Thank you:)
I'll surely increase the font size the next time.

There's another option of viewing it in larger size from your PC itself.Use the Ctrl++ keys for increasing the text size:)

Venkata Gopala Rao said...

quite artistic and self-inquisitive. we are so involved in day2day trivialities that we fail to appreciate the beauty around us!

small reminder! in all your posts, you are missing to give a space after a fullstop and comma. huh huh ;-)

nice post!

Anonymous said...

Any specific reason for liking Venus? : )

Aprilslady said...

@Gopal,
Er...am I?;)


@Badari narayanan
Aren't women from venus;)???
Just Kidding!
I love Venus because of the beautiful and romantic legends associated with it and also because it's the brightest planet in the evening sky.

Unknown said...

i too tried to interspect life to understand living once life

and... i guess, if we try to understand little and experience more.. then yes, we might find the journey more enjoyable.

very good +ve thought, I pray you would see this till your last breath.

Nithya said...

Poetic lines...Lovely :)
And I love dusk too..I love watching the sunset from my terrace...I love observing God's paintings, with generous doses of yellow,red and orange in the sky during evenings....
You seriously tend to lose yourself in such an atmosphere..Nature just lets you forget your worries during such times...Lovely post :)

Aprilslady said...

@Yuva and Nithya,
Thanks guys:)You rock!!!

Sandhya Ramachandran said...

:)

A beautiful lovely description! loved reading every bit of it! :)

And yes,.. the tryst with dusk is the most loveliest of times... wandering spirit, wandering mind... lovely deep thoughts... blessings strewn as stars... ah!!! I love dusk!!!
I'm glad glad glad that i'm alive and named after this lovely time of the day!!! :D :D :D

you just reinforced my 'blithe'! :D

Aprilslady said...

@bajji girl
I KNOW:D
Kindred spirits NEEDN'T speak!