All precious things, discover’d late,
To those that seek them issue forth;
For love in sequel works with fate,
And draws the veil from hidden worth.
...Tennyson...

July 1, 2006

Raag Desh


Raag desh weaved a magic around me. I was listening to a performance by Ustaad Rashid Khan and Shahid Parvez and then Hey Govinda by Shashank (both in raag Desh). I felt I ought to listen to something soothing today…given the enormity of the task which awaited me.
Desh grew on me. At the same time I experienced a multitude of emotions… those of partings…those of monsoon… and… those of lost love…The music trickled from the sitaar and into my thirsty veins and spread a warm wave of ecstasy throughout my body…Mmmmm…THIS I thought was heaven!

2 Wisecracks:

Pradip Somasundaran said...

I see that this is going to be the second comment posted on this blog! I pray to god that you continue your ramblings...nnder the sun....the rain....in happiness..sorrow.....in all seasons...Awesome colour arrangement.....transforms me into a new world with your poetical words....
Thanks for visiting my blog...Keep do dropping in..If possible I will try to include your wish list also...

Pradip Somasundaran said...

Can u send me a mail from your e-mail id?? I can include you in my mailing list....